Welcome!

This is a blog about my ukulele misadventures. I thought it would be interesting to chronicle how a musical instrument has changed my life.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?



by Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt


A very nice rendition by Zooey and Joseph.  For the uke-aholics, it looks like Zooey is playing a Collings ukulele.

Here are the ukulele chords for this song, as performed by Zooey and Joseph.  I made some minor modifications that sound better (at least to me).




"What Are You Doing New Years Eve"
as performed by Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt



Intro  A   D7(open)   F      E7

A                      G7
Maybe it's much too    early in the game

A          A7          D7(open)         Dm
Ooh, but I thought I'd ask you just the same

A            F#7       B7
What are you doing     New Year's

E7     Fdim     A     D7(open)   F   E7
New    Year's   eve?


A                      G7
Who's gonna be the     one to hold you good and tight

A           A7         D7(open)           Dm
When it's exactly      twelve o'clock that night
         
A         F#7      B7
Welcoming in the   New Year
                      
E7               A       F#m-5
New    Year's    eve

Bridge:
D#m               Fm7       Am
Maybe I'm crazy   to suppose

D#m               Fm7       Am
I'd ever be the   one you chose

D#m                    Fm7
Out of a thousand invi-tations

B7           E7+5
You  re-     ceived


A                      G7
Ooh, but in case I     stand one little chance

A              A7      D7(open)      Dm
Here comes the jackpot question in advance:

A            F#7       B7
What are you doing     New Year's

E7               A     E7
New    Year's    Eve?



(Adagio)
A            F#7       B7


What are you doing     New Year's

E7               A     
New    Year's    Eve?

END



*****************************
Notes:
I used B7 on some chords where it looks like she used Em (like in the A--F#7--B7 string).  You can try to substitute Em for these above, but I think B7 sounds better.

Please let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment