Welcome!

This is a blog about my ukulele misadventures. I thought it would be interesting to chronicle how a musical instrument has changed my life.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Jake Shimabukuro @ San Francisco

Just saw Jake's concert last night at Yoshi's in San Francisco. Awesome...

I mean, what else can you say, right?! Online videos are great, but it really does not do justice compared to a live performance. He is just a spectacular performer. Charismatic, humble, and self-effacing (but humorous).

I liked his solo version of "In My Life" (he performed it with Bette Midler at the 2009 Royal Variety Performance), "Me & Shirley T," "Sakura Sakura," "$5 Unleaded, " among other songs, and "Bohemian Rhapsody" for his encore performance in front of a standing-room audience chanting "Hana Hou!"

I just wished that I had the tabs for Me & Shirley T, so that I can play it for my wife and daughter. My wife used to drink Shirley Temples when she was younger, so I thought it would be appropriate if I learned how to play it for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment